REPORTING PROGRESS AND OUTCOMES
It is essential that we regularly monitor the progress and outcomes of the research we fund and can show how it is helping to facilitate our vision of a future where the effects of A-T are minimised. It is important that we inform our donors how money they have donated is being spent as we rely heavily on their generous support.
We require grant holders to submit progress reports annually around the anniversary of their grant start date. A final report is also requested at the end of the grant. We will only continue to support the project if we consider that satisfactory progress has been made.
We use Researchfish to evaluate the outcomes of the research we fund. Researchfish is an online facility that enables research funders to track the impacts of their investments, and researchers to easily log the outcomes of their work.
What do researchers need to do?
After you have been awarded a grant from Action for A-T, Researchfish will send you an email asking you to register. You then need to:
- Register and start building your profile and research portfolio – saving the information as you go.
- Keep your portfolio updated throughout the year and also your CV.
- Submit this information to us once a year – our submission period will be open from 14th January 2019 until 25th February 2019. You will be reminded of the submission date by email.
- The principal applicant/s can nominate a delegate (someone in their team) to complete the data on their behalf.
- We will use the information grant holders provide to evaluate and report on the impact of the research we fund and to inform our research strategy.
We will continue to ask for data to be submitted via Researchfish after the project has finished in order to gain a realistic view of what has been achieved and leveraged through the funding.
Action for A-T may still contact you in between the submission period for short updates on your research so that we can communicate about your work.
Please note, that submission of data during the submission period is mandatory, as in our Terms and Conditions. Failure to submit data will result in payment of invoices being delayed until such time as the submission is received. Failure to complete submissions or to comply with requests for follow up data after the grant is finished may affect future applications.
- For FAQ’s and support, please see https://www.researchfish.com/forpis
- You can also take part in one of the regular training webinars if you need further assistance with your account or training on the Researchfish system.
- For technical queries please contact the Researchfish support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any other queries please email Research@actionforAT.org